Saturday, February 9, 2013

Exciting News - I Met A Cousin Because of My Blog!

I got a comment through Google Plus this morning.  A cousin contacted me.  I can't wait to have a long conversation with him.  Our great great great grandparents were siblings.  He seems to have a lot of information on the Quakers and family members. He has been researching for over 40 years.  He had my great grandmother and great grandfather in his tree, but not been able to determine her parentage.

I started a blog hoping I would make some contact with others.  I can't believe after one month it is working.



7 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks Jana,
      I can't wait to speak to my cousin.

      Betty

      Delete
    2. Betty,

      I wanted to let you know that this post and your post "My Newly Found Cousin!" are listed in today's Fab Finds post at http://janasgenealogyandfamilyhistory.blogspot.com/2013/02/follow-fridayfab-finds-for-february-15.html

      Have a great weekend!

      Delete
  2. Betty: I too have had success in finding a cousin as a result of starting my blog. And the special surprise is that my newly discovered cousin was a well-known genealogy blogger with whom I have corresponded for about a year. :-)

    Jana Last kindly included my story with yours in her "Fab Finds" this past Friday. I am just getting time to read of the similar successes of others. Congratulations on your new discovery!

    John at http://filiopietismprism.blogspot.com "The Prism" for short.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow John, I'm glad to hear about your find. I will try to get to your blog and read about it. My grandson's birthday parties were this weekend, it's been busy. I have found that my husband is a distant cousin of DearMYRTLE. It's such a small world and our genealogy research just makes it smaller and more friendly.

      Betty

      Delete